Monday, August 31, 2009

New Pieces: Bird Series





I seem to be putting birds in everything I make lately. I think they represent freedom, the ability to be natural, and living in the here and now. The two bracelet images are actually the two sides of a reversible bracelet, called 25 Birds. The vertical piece is a pin/pendant called Snow Birds, of copper, titanium and silver. Both these pieces are already sold, though I could make something similar to order. The last piece is called Taking Flight. It is a pin/pendant, silver, titanium and opal, on a copper display environment that can stand or hang. The titanium work in it represents a new direction I hope to push much further, working in a more painterly style.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joie Moring said...

I jumped over from the beadfest site... and boy, what a wonderful find! I love your imagery, mix of color and solidly gorgelous metalwork...so original and cool. I can see wearing/owning/displaying any of your pieces...and will definitely be back to see more.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Elvira said...

You have a really original work, congratulations from Spain!!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Vickie Hallmark said...

I share your current fascination with birds. All of these pieces are just breathtaking!

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home